September 21, 2009

Workout Updates - Saturday & Monday

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend :) I definitely had a great weekend cause Dan finally came home from WLC and we got to spend a couple of days hanging out! We got to talk about a bunch of baby stuff including the nursery, possible maternity photos, birthing classes and a bunch of other fun stuff. We also put a bunch of random stuff that we don't use anymore on Craigslist to sell and were able to make a good chunk of money to put into our baby fund! Almost have enough now to start buying the nursery furniture... can't wait! He also got a chance to look at all of the nursery ideas that I had come up with while he was gone and he liked them a lot. His favorite sheet sets were the white and brown (but with stripes instead of circles) and the light green one - both from Target. Very excited to get the baby's room all cleaned out and to start decorating. So glad to have him home :)


As for workouts... I took Wed - Fri off and did workouts on Sat & Mon.

Saturday -

15,12,9

Back Squat (20#)
Squat Jumps
Pull Ups (Jumping)
Curls (20#)
Push Press (20#)
Run 300 m.

I did this workout with Dan at home... he was using the "big boy" bar so I had to use the little one hehe hence the light weight. It was good for me though because I got a chance to focus on my form and really make sure it was good. Was pretty tired afterwards but it felt good to be moving again :) Also on the push press when I press the weight up I can sometimes feel what I think is the baby / uterus kind of float mid air for a second and settle back down. It was a cool feeling and I could definitely tell that there is a little something in there!


Monday -

15 x 45# Thrusters

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tabata 30 seconds of work 10 seconds of rest for each movement
**Get as many reps as possible for each round of work**

4 Rounds

Box Step Ups (15 # DBs)
Dips (Jumping)

4 Rounds

KB Swings (12 kg)
Pull Ups (Jumping)


My scores for this workout were:

Box Step Ups - 10, 9, 9, 10
Dips - 14, 16, 14, 14

KBS - 14, 14, 13, 16
Pull Ups - 14, 14, 13, 13

Felt good for the most part on this workout... by the end I was pretty tired though and was getting a little bit of a headache. I made sure to increase my rest towards the end since my body just felt kind of pooped. Started with single arm KBS but switched to regular since my belly isn't really in the way yet and the single arm ones were double the work :) Glad to start my Monday off with a good workout!


That's all for the workouts. I am thinking about doing the Week 15 & 16 video today and will probably post that later. This week on Wednesday we have our 3d ultrasound to hopefully find out the gender of the baby :) Very excited to see the little one again!! Also have our prenatal appointment tomorrow. Lots of exciting things going on this week... will keep you guys posted. Have a great Monday!

No comments: