September 11, 2009

Little Baby Kicks and Dreams!

I am so excited, happy and grateful that I just had to share my experience with you guys... like I told you in a post earlier this week I have been feeling potential baby movement for the the last couple of days. I am now 100% sure that I felt it and these were no flutters my friends, these felt like actual kicks and it was one of the most amazing things I have ever felt! I had described it earlier this week as popcorn popping cause that is what it actually felt like but just a second ago I read on this weekly pregnancy update that baby center.com sends me that for a lot of moms it actually does feel like popcorn kernels popping or a fish swimming around inside one of those plastic bags.

"Women have described the sensation as being like popcorn popping, a goldfish swimming around, butterflies fluttering, a tapping sensation, and bubbles. You'll probably chalk up those first gentle movements in your belly to gas or hunger pangs, but once you start feeling them more regularly, you'll recognize the difference. You're more likely to feel these early movements when you're sitting or lying quietly."

Just so excited to know for sure that it was our baby that I felt and that it wasn't just my hopeful imagination getting the best of me. Those little kicks could not have come at a better time either... last night I had my first real baby dream which was both exciting and startling. It was so cool to see our baby (it was a boy in the dream) and how it interacted with us but it made me want to feel/see the baby again so bad. It also made me that much more attached to the baby and feel that much closer to it... which in turn made me nervous and hoping that much more that we continue to have a healthy pregnancy and that nothing goes wrong. It's crazy what our minds are capable of doing when we let them run wild. All morning I have been feeling very nervous but still trying to have faith that everything is going well and that the baby is fine. Then all of sudden... BABY KICKS! It was the best thing that could have happened today and I am so grateful for having felt them :) What a great way to start off week 15!

No comments: