August 12, 2009

Workout, Dinner and 11 Week Pictures

Hello Everyone!

No workout for today. Extra tired and not feeling good for the most part so I decided to take today off - which is good anyways since Wednesday is normally my day off during the week. I did buy a prenatal yoga DVD today though and I am very excited to try it out :) I'm thinking the yoga will be great to add in addition to my CrossFit workouts to help with my flexibility and to improve my relaxation skills!


I also made homemade broccoli and cheese soup tonight... it turned out soooo good! Dan had never had broccoli and cheese soup before so I am glad I did not disappoint him with a nasty first experience. Actually very easy to make too... here's the recipe if any of you are interested:

Broccoli and Cheese Soup (Compliments of Eating Well When You Are Expecting)

1 Tablespoon of butter or olive oil
1/2 Medium sized onion, chopped
1 Clove garlic, minced
2 Cups of broccoli florets
1 Medium size Yukon Gold potato
2 1/2 Cups low sodium chicken broth or veggie broth
3/4 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 Cup buttermilk, or more to taste
Sat and black pepper

1.) Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.

2.) Add the broccoli, potato, and chicken broth, raise the heat to high, and let come to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover the saucepan, and let simmer until the broccoli and potato are softened, about 7 minutes.

3.) Let the broccoli mixture cool slightly, then transfer it to a blender or food processor and, working in batches if necessary, puree it until satiny smooth.

4.) Return the soup to the saucepan, add 1/4 cup (I added more like 1 full cup) of the cheese and the buttermilk. Cook the soup over low heat until the cheese melts (do not let the soup come to a boil), about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the soup into serving bowls and top each with lots of cheese.


Last thing for today... I have a couple of pictures of me and my belly that we took tonight since it's the beginning of the 11th week, so here are those! I can't believe how fast my belly is growing... it didn't seem to be doing anything for so long and now everyday it's getting bigger and bigger. Very excited to be seeing changes!

Hope everyone is having a good night... ultrasound for us in the morning :) Time for bed, goodnight!

No comments: