January 21, 2010

Week 33 Update

Hey Everyone!

Wow... are the weeks just flying by or is it just me?? I can hardly believe it's almost February and Ava will be here in a just over a month or so :)

Ava Countdown M&M Jar
Dan and I started this jar at the beginning of the pregnancy - there are two M&Ms for every day of the pregnancy (one for Dan and one for me) and this is all we have left. This jar was almost completely full when we started!

Things have been a little crazy lately... lots going on and lots of things to adjust to but we've been doing good. I have been enjoying my last couple of weeks training my clients and the kiddos. I am planning on being done with work at the end of this month so I can have a little break from everything and have some time to rest up before Ava's arrival. I am very excited about having as much time to myself as I need/want but let me tell you... I am going to miss training! So I'm trying to enjoy these last 2 weeks with my clients as much as possible. I am still not sure how long my break from work will be. I am waiting until Ava is here and I get a better feel for how things are going to be. My friend Sam (who is also pregnant) and I went shopping yesterday and I was able to find a nursing bra which I'm very excited to check off of my list of things I need to buy. Also was able to find a nursing tank top, yoga pants and nursing hoodie which I love - we got all of these from Motherhood Maternity. Shopping for a nursing bra was quit the experience and not one that I necessarily enjoyed hehe but I have one now and that's good! While shopping I was greeted by one of my newest pregnancy symptoms - a hot flash. It doesn't take much to get me over heated these days. I found a really cute head band that I ended up buying from Forever 21 and I could hardly wait to get out of the store to put the thing on... I was ripping off the tags on the way out the door hehe. It was such a relief to get the hair off of my neck and it helped cool me down quite a bit. These hot flashes are crazy. Today I had my 33 week appointment - everything is looking great still, I don't have gestational diabetes (yay!) and Ava is as healthy as ever! My doctor told me that Ava is on the small side but still a very healthy size which is a good thing. This is the first indication that they've given me as to her size or anything like that. I now weight 175 pounds which I'm very happy with... that's about a 30 lb. gain for me since the beginning of the pregnancy. Overall I am feeling great and am anxiously awaiting to meet Ava face to face in a couple of weeks... can't imagine how amazing it's going to be!

I'd like to say a quick THANK YOU to all of our friends and family that have been helping us out with things as we get ready for Ava... THANK YOU so so so much... we could not do this without you guys! We feel so blessed to have such great friends and family that care about us and even more importantly care about Ava :)

I just finished putting our glider together last night and will post pictures very soon... it looks so great! Will also post a belly picture in the near future.

Talk to everyone soon... hope you all have a relaxing weekend!

<3 Love,

Ash (and Ava too!)

No comments: